Chrome is a sweet browser, but we think you can make it even better. Submit a new Chrome extension to the Web Store and enter our challenge for a chance to win some awesome prizes & hacker cred!
Why extensions? They're fun, easy to distribute, work across platforms, and enable you to build additional services onto sites you already use.
Here are some resources to help you get started:
Anyone 13 years of age or older can participate.
- No teams - this is a solo competition
- Must be a new Chrome extension created after challenge start date
- Extension must be available in Google Chrome Webstore during the judging period
- No malicious code — pls don't hack the gibson!
$280 in prizes
4 month basic subscription to Treehouse
Awarded to the judges' top pick.
Runners Up Prize
3 month subscriptions to Tuts+
Awarded to the judges' 2nd-5th picks.
Featured shoutout in ChallengePost's weekly newsletter.
Awarded to the submission with the most likes.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
How to enter
- Click “Register” to sign up.
- Create a new Google Chrome Extension and submit it to the Chrome Web Store.
- Enter your submission by providing:
- a tagline and a detailed description of what your extension does and how it works
- at least one image / screenshot (for the site gallery) - bonus points for great videos!
- a link to your extension in the Chrome Web Store
Developer Evangelist, ChallengePost
CEO & Founder, ChallengePost
Product Designer, ChallengePost
Does it work?
Impact on Chrome browsing experience